Boca Raton Attorneys Help Victims of Surgical Errors Get the Full and Fair Restitution They Deserve
Staying ahead of the curve and giving clients the edge they need to achieve a favorable resolution is our primary goal
Surgical errors are an all-too common occurrence and are entirely preventable in a large majority of cases. The long-lasting effects of a surgical mistake often lead to devastating personal and financial consequences. Our medical malpractice attorneys at Osborne & Francis Law Firm PLLC are committed practitioners that strive to fully investigate claims and develop innovative legal strategies to get maximum compensation for our clients. As soon as you become aware that an error may have occurred, talk to a well-respected law firm with a proven history of achieving successful judgments to explore your legal rights.
Comprehensive representation for a wide range of surgical errors
A 2012 study conducted by Johns Hopkins University analyzed medical malpractice claims involving surgical errors that should never occur. The study found that between 1990 and 2010, more than 80,000 surgical errors were made that were entirely preventable. The most common surgical errors include:
• Operating on the wrong site
• Operating on the wrong patient
• Performing the wrong type of surgery
• Leaving surgical tools and implements such as sponges, gauze pads and clamps inside the patient’s body
• Perforating organs, cutting the wrong muscles, ligaments or tendons and damaging nerves
• Administering an incorrect amount of anesthesia
• Failing to treat surgical complications
Surgical errors lead to significant medical complications and even death in some instances. Of the more than 9,500 paid medical malpractice claims relating to surgical mistakes from 1990 through 2010, 6.6% of patients died from their injuries, 32.9% suffered permanent injuries and 59.2% suffered temporary injuries.
Surgical mistakes are result from all types of negligent behavior
It’s almost incomprehensible to think about thousands of potentially life-threatening surgical mistakes happening each year. Many surgical errors are caused by:
• Failing to communicate with all members of the surgical team, including other physicians, nurses and techs
• Distracted or fatigued physicians and other staff members
• Hasty and reckless decision-making during surgery
• Failing to properly plan for procedures before, during and after the operation
Cases based on surgical errors and medical negligence are often complex and require an in-depth investigation of the specific circumstances surrounding your surgery. Only an experienced malpractice attorney can give you the peace of mind that your case receives the attention it deserves.
Respected Boca Raton plaintiffs’ civil litigation attorneys provide the legal knowledge and resources necessary to achieve a successful outcome
At Osborne & Francis Law Firm PLLC, our injury attorneys have helped many clients that have suffered serious complications due to negligent mistakes during both routine and complicated operations. We are here to be your sympathetic and resolute ally during times of incredible stress. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 561-293-2600 or contact us online.