Birth Injury Attorneys Help Families Facing Stressful Legal Hurdles
We don’t rest until you get the justice and compensation you deserve
Birth injury cases are, by their very nature, highly emotional and tragic. Having a child is supposed to be one of the happiest occasions, but that happiness is shattered when another’s negligent actions cause unimaginable harm to your child. The negligence attorneys at Osborne & Francis Law Firm PLLC understand the painful and traumatic circumstances surrounding birth injuries and take the time to provide the highest level of compassionate and personalized representation.
What are the most common types and causes of birth injuries?
Recent statistics indicate that birth injuries have become less common over the past few decades with advancements in medicine, but there are still approximately 6-8 birth injuries for every 1000 live births. The most common types of birth injuries are:
• Soft tissue injuries to the scalp and extremities due to applying a vacuum to the head during delivery and excessive force and pressure during deliver
• Scalpel cuts during Cesarean deliveries
• Brachial plexus injuries such as fractures in the arms, clavicle or cervical spine and paralysis of the arms known as Erb’s Palsy
• Cranial nerve and spinal cord injuries often related to the use of forceps during delivery
• Laryngeal nerve injuries due to head movements during delivery
There are many different factors that contribute to birth injuries including:
• The use of forceps or vacuum suction during delivery
• The size and shape of the mother’s pelvis
• Breech vaginal deliveries
• Prolonged labor
• Excessive traction
• Improper resuscitation
• Extremely premature babies
• Large-for-date babies
Regardless of the specific circumstances of your child’s delivery, your doctors, nurses and patient care techs have a duty to provide a certain standard of care. Depending upon your situation, the doctor must determine what type of delivery is safest for both you and your child and execute such a delivery without negligence.
Following childbirth, the child must be thoroughly examined for any physical or neurological deficits that may have resulted during birth. Birth injuries often have significant and long-term complications if left untreated as soon as possible. Our trial-tested negligence attorneys have helped numerous parents recover compensation for their child’s injuries and are ready to answer any questions you may have about your own situation.
Trust our compassionate and tenacious birth injury attorneys to guide you through the entire legal process
At Osborne & Francis Law Firm PLLC, our injury attorneys understand the emotional and financial hardships you face following a negligently handled childbirth experience. We provide one-one-one representation in a comfortable and approachable environment. To discuss your case and pursue your legal rights, call 561-293-2600 or contact us online today. Consultations are free and we take all cases on a 100% contingency basis.