Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Fight For Rightful Compensation After a Fall Results in Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries
According to the Center for Disease Control, there are more than 1 million injuries from slip and fall accidents in the U.S. each year. Adding to this, Florida has the highest percentage of senior citizens in the nation, an age group leading the pack in terms of frequency of serious injuries from slip and fall accidents. The slip and fall attorneys at Osborne & Francis, PLLC understand the impact a slip and fall injury can have, especially for the elderly. We are committed to uncovering the exact cause of your accident and ensure the responsible party and their insurer compensate for all costs and losses. Property owners have a responsibility to maintain their premises in a way which avoids unnecessary injury to innocent visitors. Our attorneys advocate aggressively for you, so you can focus on recovery and rehabilitation.
What is considered a slip and fall under Florida law?
Slip and fall cases are brought under premises liability law in Florida, where property owners must prevent unreasonable hazards for anyone entering their building or grounds. Although a property does not have to be perfectly safe, if the owner could have foreseen the hazard in some way and did not act to prevent it, they may be held liable.Examples of slip and fall liability include:
- Known Hazards: If a property owner knows of a hazard they have the responsibility to correct the problem or be held responsible for any slip and fall injury. Examples of known hazards are:
- Loose floorboards
- Worn carpeting
- Prodruding nails
- Loose handrails
- Unknown Hazards: Even if the danger was unknown, then there may be liability if a reasonable inspection would have revealed the source of the problem.Examples include:
- Leaking pipes that cause a wet floor
- Rotting flooring that is unstable
- Stairwells that contain unseen objects
- Duty of Repair and Maintenance: Ongoing maintenance of property must be considered as part of a property owner’s duty to visitors, including:
- A constantly leaking roof
- Poor cleaning habits of floors and stairways
- Removal of trash or debris from walkways.
What can I expect to recover?
A slip and fall can result in debilitating injuries due to the unexpected nature of the accident and sudden impact on the body. A few examples of common slip and fall injuries include:
- Head injuries and concussion
- Hip and shoulder dislocation
- Broken bones
- Neck or spinal injuries
All are extremely serious and can require extensive surgeries and rehabilitation for a full recovery. Our slip and fall attorneys present your claim for damages based on:
- Medical costs
- Home care, nursing or rehabilitation
- Loss of income from time away from work
Contact our experienced slip and fall accident attorneys today for a free consultation
Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries and disability. At Osborne & Francis our slip and fall accident attorneys meet with you personally and are dedicated to your recovery. With more than 50 years of combined experience, our attorneys provide the legal guidance you need to see you through. Contact us at 561-293-2600 or online to schedule a free initial consultation.