Florida Workers’ Compensation Attorney
If you are an employee and were injured in the course and scope of your employment then you may be entitled to medical benefits and lost wages from your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. Florida has a no-fault workers’ compensation system, which means that an employee who is injured in the course and scope of their employment does not have to prove that their injury was caused by the employers’ negligence and still receive medical benefits and lost wages.
The most common times that an injured worker needs an attorney is:
• When an Employer denies that you had an injury in the course and scope of your employment.
• When an Employer denies that you are entitled to medical benefits. Here are some examples:
* Payment of your emergency room bills.
* Authorization of a specialist to evaluate and treat your medical condition.
* Authorization of diagnostic tests like, MRI’s or CT Scans.
* Authorization of surgery.
* Authorization of medications.
* Authorization of physical therapy.
* Authorization of durable medical equipment like, canes, walkers, etc.
* Authorization of transportation of translation services for your medical appointments.
• When an Employer denies your entitlement to lost wages when your inability to return to work is due to the accident that occurred in the course and scope of your employment.
• When an Employer is compensating you for lost wages, but is not accurately paying your lost wages or continues to pay your benefits late.
• When a work accident results in your inability to ever return to gainful employment.
• When you simply need to have someone guide you and counsel you through the process.
• When the insurance company wants to settle your claim for a lump sum of money in exchange for you giving up your rights and entitlements under the law.
Workers’ Compensation insurance companies are well versed in the law and will attempt to deny claims or make things difficult for injured workers in order to save their company money. Having a knowledgeable and aggressive Workers’ Compensation attorney on your side from the beginning will help you to maximize the medical and wage benefits that you receive under the law.
If you or a loved one has been injured at work, contact our office for a free consultation so that you can understand your rights and entitlements under Florida’s Workers’ Compensation law. We are available 24/7 to answer your call.